Taking Delivery of a New Tesla Model 3 Performance

I Finally Got My Tesla

I originally reserved a Tesla Model 3 on March 31, 2016.  Finally, on September 8, 2018 - 891 days later - I took delivery of my new car!  Unfortunately, Tesla is in the middle of their huge production ramp-up.  The delivery centers are not yet staffed well enough to handle the huge increase in deliveries.  So I didn't get the five-star experience that S and X owners received in years past.  All of the delivery bays were already occupied, so I got to look my car over outside in the rain.  But that's OK - I was expecting this.  I had read of these experiences and knew that this was a possibility.  Elon had tweeted that they were trying to change over to a "30-minute delivery experience" to help handle the load, and that's what I got.  So, not a big deal - but it helps to know what to expect.

So here we are with the brand new car, in the extremely wet aftermath of tropical storm Gordon.


This Model 3 Comes With Free Supercharging

For a limited time, Tesla Model 3 Performance included unlimited, free supercharging.  That offer is gone, but you can still get free, unlimited supercharging for six months.  All you need to do is to use a current owner's Tesla Referral Code before placing your order.  Here is mine, if you'd like to use it:

You can also get six months of free unlimited supercharging when ordering any Tesla Model S or Model X.  Here are my referral links for those two vehicles:

Features of My Car

Here is the official Tesla list of features included with the car that I configured and ordered:

  • Model 3 Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Long Range Battery
  • 20" Performance Wheels
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Premium Black Interior
  • Premium Upgrades
  • Performance Pedals
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get a $500 Discount on Tesla Solar Roof

How to get a $300 Discount on Tesla Solar Panels

Buying a Tesla in 2019 - how the U.S. Federal Tax Credit works